From "Adam Winer" <awi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ADFFACES-253] Make trinidad-config.xml location configurable in web.xml
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 00:38:34 GMT
On 10/26/06, Stefan Podkowinski <spodxx@gmail.com> wrote:

> My case for creating the patch was that some frameworks require to
> have config files in the classpath, so we decided to just put all of
> them there, incl. spring etc. This convention also works for creating
> standalone apps where no web-inf directory is available. I think it
> should just be up to the developer to decide. In fact, I've only came
> accross two frameworks so far that insisted on the web-inf location,
> which is sitemesh (patch available through jira on this) and trinidad
> (same as well now ;))

Actually, it's probably many more than that.  Many, many
J2EE web frameworks, component libs, etc. just do all of their
configuration in WEB-INF/web.xml.  That counts as insisting
on WEB-INF to me!

Since we are strictly a webapp framework - there is no
such thing as "standalone Trinidad" - it's hard to see
any developer gain from moving it around within the file
system.  Auto-loading from the classpath - supporting both
WEB-INF/trinidad-config.xml in the webapp and
META-INF/trinidad-config.xml on the classpath - is a
more potentially useful feature, esp. since we could pretty
easily support precedence rules where WEB-INF wins.

-- Adam