From Anthony Yulo <Anthony.Y...@headstrong.com>
Subject RE: DWR and ADF Faces
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 15:06:27 GMT
It will involve a lot of work huh?!  I thought it will be just a breeze.
Anyways, I'll try to watch out for those points that you enumerated.  And I
will post this as soon as I get this to work.  Though, I might leave this
for a moment, since this will involve a lot of work.

Thanks for all the info.

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Lessard [mailto:simon.lessard.3@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2006 10:58 PM
To: adffaces-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: DWR and ADF Faces

If it works, the result will be consistent in any environment.

What I'm unsure about is the feasibility in a short time in an easy way. Let
me enumerate the technical difficulties I see, maybe they willappear trivial
to you:

1. Get a FacesContext instance. Fix: Change DWRServlet code a bit to
instanciate the FacesContext. Main difficulty: I don't know if
FacesContextFactory will like the XMLRequest format of AJAX, it's possible
that it don't whine at all though. If that's the case, this point is not a
real issue.
2. Get a RequestContext instance. Fix: Add AdfFilter to DWRServlet. Main
difficulty: None connected directly to this point.
3. Use the dialog feature of RequestContext. Difficulty: None
4. Open the dialog, e.g. how do you manage the callback method? Difficulty:
Dialog is based on some internal Trinidad JS and PPR code that will call a
window.open instead refreshing the page. With DWR you'll most likely need to
do that yourself, but I'm not perfectly sure on that point. I know the
dialog framework, but I'm not a guru.
5. Managing return event. Fix: I have no clue, it might works like magic,
but I never used dialog framework that way.

If you try it an it works, I would be glad to hear it though.

Regards,

~ Simon