From Anthony Yulo <Anthony.Y...@headstrong.com>
Subject RE: DWR and ADF Faces
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 15:27:25 GMT
Yes. Exactly, calling the java from javascript and the next is the dialog
framework.  Thanks man. I will definitely look at this.  Im really
interested with this stuffs, although difficult, this will challenge me.
Only problem will be the time.  I really want to study more about this.  But
I will definitely continue this, I let you know any developments.

-----Original Message-----
From: mwessendorf@gmail.com [mailto:mwessendorf@gmail.com] On Behalf Of
Matthias Wessendorf
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2006 11:19 PM
To: adffaces-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: DWR and ADF Faces

Anthony,

so your main interest is

1) calling a Java method w/ a java_script function
2) use Faces framework (Trinidad)

Maybe you can look at Shale remote or MAbon. Their focus is "ajax and
JSF", so you already have the FacesContext.

W/ shale remote you call teh helloBean.sayHallo() like this:

function sendHelloText(text) {
  new Ajax.Request(
   "dynamic/helloBean/sayHello.faces",
   {
     method: "post",
     parameters: "text=" + text,
     onComplete: showHello
   }
  );
}

(this example uses prototype framework)

or w/ MAbon you do it like sending a request against an URL like

/myAppContext/mabon/backingBean.sayHello

(note, mabon uses a "custom" lifecycle w/ is setup in a special servlet)

INFOS:
[1] http://shale.apache.org/features-remoting.html
[2] https://mabon.dev.java.net/

-M

On 10/5/06, Anthony Yulo <Anthony.Yulo@headstrong.com> wrote:
> Yes, I know, if only the component was an ActionSource, then things would
be
> a little bit easy.

Main
> > > difficulty: None connected directly to this point.
> > > 3. Use the dialog feature of RequestContext. Difficulty: None
> > > 4. Open the dialog, e.g. how do you manage the callback method?
> > > Difficulty: Dialog is based on some internal Trinidad JS and PPR code
> that
> > > will call a window.open instead refreshing the page. With DWR you'll
> > > most likely need to do that yourself, but I'm not perfectly sure on
that
> > > point. I know the dialog framework, but I'm not a guru.
> > > 5. Managing return event. Fix: I have no clue, it might works like
> > > magic, but I never used dialog framework that way.
> > >
> > > If you try it an it works, I would be glad to hear it though.
> > >

> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > ~ Simon

However,

FacesContext.getCurrentInstance();