From "Scott O'Bryan" <darkar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PORTAL] Getting rid of filters
Date Sat, 04 Nov 2006 01:06:45 GMT
Then I guess the final question is, is it important if these don't run
in the portal.

I mean if we can't change the API to be container agnostic and ordering
is important, I'm forced to use the Lifecycle/ExternalContext approach
for Portlets and the filter approach for servlets.  Not only is this
painful and somewhat dirty, but a large chunk of functionality simply
won't be available on the portal that, quite possibly, needs to be.

I mean I've managed to wrap Request and Response objects in the
FacesContext for both the portal and the servlet.  Anything that is
dependant on a ServletRequest will automatically not work in a portal.

So help me out here.

Scott