From "Adam Winer" <awi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems running Trinidad in Tomcat with file permission restrictions for writing
Date Sun, 26 Nov 2006 23:18:10 GMT
Craig,

IIRC, Trinidad is in fact writing to exactly those temporary
directories already, as per the servlet spec.  And using
our ResourceServlet to pull from those directories.  The
issue isn't that - it's that GoDaddy is refusing to allow
any File writing, even into those legit temporary directories.
Which is lame of them.  But likely impossible to change.

What Trinidad should do is store that .css file into memory,
instead of the file system.  We used to store a bunch of
generated images on the file system, so using memory
for all would be quite a pain, but that isn't the case anymore.
It'd be a bit slower at startup - when restarting the server, you have
to regenerate the file - but for that matter, we have bugs caused
by failing to regenerate the .css file in some circumstances.

-- Adam

-- Adam