From "Arjuna Wijeyekoon" <arj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Base64OutputStream needs a cleanup
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2006 02:59:52 GMT
Adam,
thanks for checking this in.
I am confused about:

Checked in patch. However, restore the single-byte optimization, and needed
to also fix up the tests, since it is now illegal to flush the underlying
Writer.
 [ Show ยป <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ADFFACES-283> ]  Adam
Winer<http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=adamwiner>
[14/Nov/06 02:40 PM] Checked in patch. However, restore the single-byte
optimization, and needed to also fix up the tests, since it is now illegal
to flush the underlying Writer.

It should be legal to call flush() at any time, on any writer/stream in the
chain.
Why was it that the test failed? let me take a look at the test.
--arjuna