From "Scott O'Bryan" <darkar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PORTAL] Changes and API review?
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2006 01:44:09 GMT
Adam,

EVERYTHING will have to cast to it, since the entry point does not
return this class, but it's Configurator equivalent.  Reflection and
casting are among the slowest operations in the Java language.  And, we
do need access to this from the API package as well as the Impl (unless
you want me to move the resource servlet to the impl).  These are facts.

Can it be done?  Yes.  But it's really ugly.  So I'll tell you what.
I'll make an additional patch for this.  Take a look at both and you
decide which is superior.

Scott