From "Manfred Geiler" <manfred.gei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [release] fun with maven
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 22:22:48 GMT
No, it's nothing with the gpg-plugin.
What you are doing is something like mvn release:perform
-Dpassphrase=xxxx, right?

Well, the release:perform does a svn checkout to work folder and then
forks a new mvn deploy process. But: It seems like the command-line
properties are not passed over! That's the problem.

Solution:
Define a property in your settings.xml:

    <profile>
      <id>gpg-passphrase</id>
      <properties>
          <passphrase>???</passphrase>
      </properties>
    </profile>

and

either activate it by default:
  <activeProfiles>
     <activeProfile>gpg-passphrase</activeProfile>
  </activeProfiles>

or activate it by adding a -Pgpg-passphrase to the command line.

HTH,
Manfred