From "Cosma Colanicchia" <cosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dialog Framework: how to refresh the parent page? [reopened]
Date Tue, 30 May 2006 10:28:17 GMT
Ehm.. this method works, but I noticed that the returnActionListener
isn't called if the user manually close the browser window.

This can be an issue, for example, if I have an insert page that flows
directly to the edit page on confirm (I think it's a common pattern).
I can't trigger the returnActionListener in the same request of my
insert logic (I need to stay on the dialog) so the user has a chance
to close the window after the insertion. I can't rely on this to
notify the opener page of what's happened in the dialog.

It is possible to have the return actionlistener triggered on manual
window closure? Is there any reasons to avoid this behaviour?