From "Dan Robinson" <dannyjrobin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Building ADF on JDK 1.4
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 19:34:56 GMT
Thanks for the clarification.  Could someone confirm that this the final
decision for the Apache ADF code, or just the version as supplied by
Oracle.  A recent email on the MyFaces list as of February Sean Schofield
said

"The ADF stuff is in incubation right now so there are all sorts of
possibilities for change.  I envision a lively discussion where discuss the
pros and cons of allowing tomahawk, tobago or adf to use jdk
1.5functionality.  Currently tomahawk does not have any jdk
1.5 stuff (that I am aware of.)"

We're really wanting to use ADF for our application development, but are
currently hampered by the JDK 1.5 requirement, given not all App Servers
have made it to this JDK yet.  We're also wanting to deploy this technology
to our existing users with 1.4 powered servers.

I don't believe that MyFaces (as of 1.1.2) has mandated this JVM version, so
it seems strange for a library that runs on MyFaces to have this
restriction.  If there's support we could provide assistance in making these
changes to allow 1.4.

Thanks ... and I wait to be corrected ;-)

D.