From "Sloan, Noah M" <Noah_Sl...@baylor.edu>
Subject af:table - redirect and selection problems
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 16:32:25 GMT
Using Facelets (1.0.10) and MyFaces + Tomahawk 1.1.2.
I have an af:table like the following:

<af:table var="row" value="#{bean.list}">
   <af:column sortProperty="username" sortable="true">
     <f:facet name="header">
        <h:outputText value="..." />
     </f:facet>

     <h:commandLink action="viewPerson" value="#{row.username}">
       <af:setActionListener from="#{row}" to="#{result}" />
     </h:commandLink>
   </af:column>

The table is paginated.  Whenever the username link is clicked, I get:
java.lang.IllegalStateException
	org.apache.catalina.connector.ResponseFacade.sendRedirect(ResponseFacade.java:432)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponseWrapper.sendRedirect(HttpServletResponseWrapper.java:125)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponseWrapper.sendRedirect(HttpServletResponseWrapper.java:125)

So, I removed the redirect for that action ti see what would happen.  I no longer get an exception
but instead, no matter which username is clicked, the last row of the currently displayed
page is selected.  e.g. if a page displayed the following:
foo
bar
john
No matter which one is clicked, john will be the one that is put into #{result}.

I switched to an h:dataTable and both problems went away, but we need the pagination af:table
offers.

So, what is it that I need to do differentely to use an af:table?

Cheers,
ns

P.S. I would use a t:dataTable, but AFAIK the dataScoller still wont function while using
ADF.