From "Cosma Colanicchia" <cosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Simple question about skins and image borders
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 07:11:59 GMT
Hi Jeanne,

AFAIK yes, it's up to the user agent to provide a default value for
the border attribute (see also [1]). I read somewhere that Gecko and
IE browsers render a border by default on images within links, which
is my case.

By now, I resolved adding this rule in the skin CSS file:

a img {
   border-style: none;
}

I had already tried this but for some reason it didn't work, so I
thought that "simple" css rules like that were not allowed in skin css
files. Probably it was just my browser cache :)

Anyway I'd prefer using a skin-aware css rule, if there will be one
like you're suggesting.

Thanks
Cosma

[1]http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/objects.html#adef-border-IMG