From "Cosma Colanicchia" <cosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ADF Faces breaks many Tomahawk components
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 07:56:41 GMT
Yes, I mean TOMAHAWK-516, it includes a change that is very similar to
the Martin code, with other things:

1) The _ComponentUtils method is not used everywhere. For example,
HtmlJSCookMenuRenderer implements one of its own, and other
rendererers do it as well. I tried to refactor those method to use the
_ComponentUtils one, see the JIRA for details.

2) Another potential source of trouble for Trinidad/Tomahawk
integration is the HtmlFormRendererBase.addHiddenCommandParameter
method. This is called at least by the JSCookMenu (but presumibly also
by other components) to queue adding hidden form parameters, but with
that rendered will not be used in a Trinidad project leading to
javascript errors. In my patch for JSCookMenu I workarounded this
hacking into MyFacesHack.js, but I think it should be addressed
someway.

Well I don't know SVN very well, but if it works as CVS we have two
different patch applied to the same lines of code (the
_ComponentUtils.findNestingForm method), so a merge will be required
if TOMAHAWK-516 will be commited.

Cosma

2006/7/17, Matthias Wessendorf <matzew@apache.org>:
> Yes that stuff is committed. _CompontUtils too.
>
> You mean TOMAHAWK-516 ? I just asigned it to me.
> Will (or must) take a look on it.
>
> Can you please give an update of the status ?
> Also what's the *conflict* now is?
>
> Would be great!
>
> -Matthias
>
> On 7/16/06, Cosma Colanicchia <cosmacol@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Martin,
> >
> > have you already committed that change? As I pointed out in another
> > thread, I've submitted a patch that will likely conflict with yours if
> > commited.
> >

> > Ciao
> > Cosma
> >

> > 2006/7/17, Martin Marinschek <martin.marinschek@gmail.com>:
> > > As a workaround for the form problem, I've made the form searching
> > > routing of MyFaces aware of the Trinidad form family - so the trinidad
> > > form should be found as well.
> > >
> > > I'd be glad about any test results!
> > >
> > > regards,
> > >
> > > Martin

UIForm.

a submit, but the expected
this is because the _link_hidden_
component is different (its name

the dummy form isn't created
recognize its parent form), but no

about making they work togheter, if

and I tried with both <h:form>
issues with dummyForm at first, if I can get
tomorrow, now I'm leaving the office.

<matzew@apache.org>:
> [...]
on the list, using both.
and ADF Faces

components (and <t:commandSortHeader>s) don't work,
MyFaces javascript functions such as clear_myFormId don't get
Also the _link_hidden_form isn't generated anymore. The rendered
the string <!-- MYFACES JAVASCRIPT -->, and looking at the
see that both the adfFaces and the ExtensionsFilter are invoked,
script are actually rendered in the page.

this would happen, but this may be a MyFaces
been some discussion on the main MyFaces
like this.

carefully in the archives.. do you know if
using MyFaces, Tomahawk and ADF Faces in a

are you using?
around commandLink?

discussed on myfaces dev - regarding "auto
form