From Günther, Thorsten <Thorsten.Guent...@medocino.de>
Subject AW: MenuModel issues
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2006 08:06:55 GMT
Hi Sonja,

I assume the "vanishing" problem you describe is exactly what you need the aliaslist for.
The menue model can't know what branch of the tree to open if the current page is not part
of the tree. So you give aliases to pages that should not display in any menue but should
(keep) open a branch of the tree.

        <value>/components/page_p1.jspx</value>
        <value>#{navItem_a2b1.viewId}</value>
= if /components/page_p1.jspx is displayed show the menue as if element navItem_a2b1 was displayed

As for global menue: I find that a bit wired too. My solution is to have a hidden (not rendered)
element be the root for my logical top-level menue at level 2. Drawback is that the branch
containing my top-level menue is left when the user clicks on "help". You have to provide
a link on the help-page to allow the user to get back to the main application.

Regards,
Thorsten

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Sonja Löhr [mailto:sonjaloehr@arcor.de]
Gesendet: Sonntag, 8. Oktober 2006 13:04
An: adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: MenuModel issues

Hi, all!

My first post - on my third day to trinidad.
I already read that I'm not the only one not understanding the MenuModel
stuff ...
My <tr:page> opens a submenu when I click a parent menu element, but if I'm
going further down in the hierarchy, all submenus vanish again?
Did someone understand what to do whith that "aliaslist" from the
example-faces-config?

And: Why is the "global menu" the root of the model hierarchy? Is there any
possibility to "start" the hierarcy in, say, the navigation1-facet? There
are some links I would like to have as "globalMenu", but these are no
starting points for navigating the hierarchy but merely things like
"logout", "help", ....

VERY confusing ....

Thanks for any hints, suggestions or samples!

sonja