From "Anshuman Abhishek Roy" <anshuman....@in.ness.com>
Subject Peculiar PPR Problem
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 01:07:07 GMT

Hi,
I have come accross a strange problem relating to PPR in Trinidad.

I have three jspx pages
 a. Parent.jspx
 b. Child1.jspx
 c. Child2.jspx

In parent jspx page I have a selectOneChoice component which has a value change listener on

it. I am doing a PPR basing on the value change listener. Basing on the choice either child1.jspx
or child2.jspx is loaded.
Every thing comes fine the child jspx page is loaded depending on the choice.
Now each child have their own selectOneChoice components in it and also the corresponding

backing bean in it.(these choices are populated from the database)

 But when I select values on the child jspx pages and do a submit( my
submit method is in parent jspx page) the values of the child jspx are not being updated in

my model. On more closer look I found that the getters of the childBackingBean is called but

when I press submit the setters are never called.

Basically I am passing a custom object from parent to child which is not being updated by

the child values.
Am I missing anything vital point in terms of lifecycle events here.

Thanks,
Anshuman

Disclaimer

use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.  If you have received this communication
in error, please immediately notify the MailAdmin@in.ness.com and destroy the original message.
The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  Ness
has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, and accepts no liability for
any damage caused by any virus transmitted in this email.  Ness reserves the rights to monitor
and review the content of all messages sent to or from this E-mail address, and store them
on the Ness E-mail system.