From "Adam Winer" <awi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Trinidad] How to right-align numbers in tr:column
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2007 23:26:43 GMT
On 2/19/07, Renzo Tomaselli <renzo.tomaselli@tecnotp.it> wrote:

> Thanks all, now I noticed the "align" attribute. Should the "Formatting"
> paragraph be canceled from tag doc ?

Yep, thanks for pointing this out...  that's obsolete.  I'll fix this.

Also I tried to follow the column renderer sources by a debugger: I just
> noticed that there is some automatic style selection based on actual
> child type: text, number and icon. But I miss what should lead to number
> detection, since we have no "outputNumber" component.
> An icon is properly recognized if I provide it through tr:icon. The same
> for a string through ouputText.
> But if my bean returns an Integer to feed an outputText value, then it
> is assigned an af_column_cell-text selector (thus left-aligned), while I
> expected a af_column_cell-number, which is right-aligned.
> So the point is how to trigger this detection mechanism by data contents.

This code is rather a mess, and needs to be cleaned up - we used
to support a "formatType" property on column, but figured that people
just got confused.  They want to right-align some content, but good
luck figuring out that formatType="number" is the way to do that!
The changeover to "align" was kind of a quick hack (and looking at
it, I think there's some bugs in the handling of start and end in
right-to-left languages).

I'm having no luck finding the code that detects tr:icon...  where did you
see
this?

-- Adam

-- Renzo