incubator-agila-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Lim <christopher.a....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Project Status
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2005 16:58:40 GMT
Hi Geoff,

> Can you give me a little detail on how you're
> separating the core engine from the servlet example?  Actually, I
> thought they were already pretty well separated - except that the
> servlet example was the only useful concrete implementation of the
> core interfaces as I recall.

The plan is to separate them into modules. The goal for the servlet
example is to be a full blown web interface client of the workflow
engine (e.g. performing tasks as a user, deploying a workflow as an
administrator, reporting stuff, etc). Having them separated make room
for implementation of some technologies such as JDO and JMS for the
web interface. In addition to that, the core api can also be used for
the workflow designer module (a swing based workflow creator)

> The last thing I looked at doing by the way was truly supporting the
> Actor resolution, which as I recall is essentially non-functional
> currently.

Yeah, Actors are really not working yet. Code contribution is appreciated. ;)

> Have you looked at tackling the horrible rendering mechanism in the
> sample? (out.println...)  Any preference on how to replace that?  The
> comment mentions a JSP - is that still preferred?

Hehe. I'm thinking of having the workflow designer module produce some
xml stuff which contains enough information that a renderer
implementation can generate html stuff to prompt the user for data
input. The workflow designer is not available yet. Do you have any
ideas and suggestion on how should we handle the rendering mechanism?

> On the integration with BPEL, I haven't found any specifics on the
> roadmap planned for this integration.  Is there a high-level summary
> of the direction envisioned?

Not just yet. I'm planning to have web interface piece done before
having the integration. The integration point from Agila BPEL to Agila
BPM is through an implementation of a  WorkList Manager and from Agila
BPM to Agila BPM is to create a workflow Task to invoke the BPEL
engine.

Cheers,
Chris