incubator-awf-users mailing list archives

From Roger Schildmeijer <schildmei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Node.x
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2011 17:28:49 GMT
Hi Tim,

I remember I took a quick look at node.x a couple of weeks ago. Think I saw some link on HN.
I like the idea and I also liked the code I examined. I definitely think Apache Deft could
get some inspiration from node.x, and maybe the other way around (?). Would be awesome to
share some experience some time. Feel free to come visit us on #deft on free node sometime.

With Best Regards
Roger Schildmeijer

Ps. Apache Deft is more than just a non-blocking http web server. We (currently) provide an
asynchronous socket interface (o.a.d.io.AsynchronousSocket). We recently finished a somewhat
bigger demo application (see package o.a.d.demo.elastica) that should give you some ideas
about how Apache Deft could be used for async socket/io related stuff. Ds

On Aug 24, 2011, at 7:16 PM, Tim Fox wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Just wondering, have you guys looked at https://github.com/purplefox/node.x ?
>
> It's a project to build an asynchronous application framework on the JVM, and comes with
a full HTTP implementation for building web servers (amongst other things).

> It seems to be more general purpose than Deft, in that it's not limited to being a web
server. We also aim to provide APIs in several JVM languages (so far we have Java and Ruby).