From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: Crawler
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2009 10:32:47 GMT
On Wed, 2009-06-17 at 13:14 +0100, Ross Gardler wrote:
> [cc'd to droids list for info since I'm a mentor there too]
>
> 2009/6/17 Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldonkin@blueyonder.co.uk>:
> > Ross Gardler wrote:
> >>
> >> Why not use Droids?
> >>
> >> http://incubator.apache.org/droids/
> >
> > in terms of downloading tech...
> >
> > i did consider looking into droids but couldn't find a release and it
> > required jdk 1.6 so concluded that it's not an immediate option (i
> > needed something right away)
>
> Fair enough, maybe the Droids people will be prompted into makind a
> release (JDK1.5 preferably)

We are planing a release soonish I once wrote some 1.4 downward
compilation with ant and retrotranslator (see
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/droids/trunk/build.xml?view=co).
However meanwhile we switched to maven and I have not looked into the
integration of retrotranslator in maven.

> > in the medium term, i think moving to droids sounds like the right move
> >
> > in terms of process, i see crawler as a replacement for the recursive
> > rat script: download a release tree, check sums and signatures, unpack
> > releases then run rat on each so it's more than just droids.
>
> Sure it is, but an important part of that is the crawler and I don't
> think we shuold be duplicating effort across two projects.
>
> Maybe this mail will encourage the droids team to create a release
> that we can use as the crawler.

Sure there are only few issues to attend for our first release.

salu2

de la InformaciĆ³n, S.A.U. (SADESI)