From Mingfai <mingfai...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Mingfai Ma as committer
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2009 06:07:54 GMT
Thank you for the invitation and voting.

Let me briefly introduce myself. First of all, "Mingfai Ma" is a male name!
:-)  My full name is "Ming Fai, Ma" that "Ming Fai" is the first name, but
many foreigners mistakenly think I'm "Ming, Fai Ma" (sth like that) so I
just use "Mingfai Ma" now to avoid confusion. I'm from a native Chinese from
Hong Kong, has been a Java developer since 2000, and now workng on my
startup. And I also run the Hong Kong Java User Group. In case any of you
know any Apache committer or activist who may travel to HK, let me know so I
could invite him to speak on his project.

re. Droids, my interest in web crawler rooted from around 2002/3 when I
first wrote my own crawler. (and that was crap ...) my current project needs
a focused crawler, and I found Droids more suitable for my use than those
full search engine crawler or archiving crawler. For sure Droids is not too
mature yet, so when I'm using it, I've basically write my own crawler from
scretch base on some Droids' concepts. :-) Up to now, I've mainly proposed
some small changes and I will make some bigger change proposal later on. as
long as you guys accept, I could contribute anything back.

btw, I'm just testing my account and try to update the "changes" page to add
myself to the committer list and it seems the xdoc for the changes page is
missing in the svn *[1] ?!  for testing purpose, i've upated the
/docs/changes.html *[2] in svn by hand and the change will be overriden
anyway.

regards,
mingfai

[1] -