From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: Customizable Solr Handle
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2009 09:19:35 GMT
On Wed, 2009-09-09 at 10:38 +0200, Bertil Chapuis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My name is Bertil Chapuis. I am using droids for a personal project and
> I am trying to create a more customizable solr handler.
>
> I posted a ticket with my code (DROIDS-62). However, I am looking for a
> way to filter the handler's execution. I'd like to handle the documents
> only if their URI or content matches specific conditions.
>
> For example, the document is handled only if its uri matches the
> following regex:
>
> http://www.awebsite.com/document-[0-9]*.htm
>
> What's the best way to do that?

I had a chance to test this patch but in the end I could not use it for
my use case. The problem that I have with it it that is limiting the
access to the different elements in the tree to much. It is not generic
since instead of using xpath expression (the standard approach to solve
such a usecase) it uses "standard regexp".

Further having a strong background on xml myself it stroke me ought to
have element[0] which in xpath would have been element[1].

IMO if you can add xpath support to this component then it really rocks
for many usecases since we would have a generic parser solution to
extract informations the way it is now it will be for very few use
cases.

salu2

> Is it delegated to the handler's
> implementation or is there a standard way?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Bertil Chapuis

de la InformaciĆ³n, S.A.U. (SADESI)