From "ray lukas" <ray_lu...@verizon.net>
Subject can droid crawl this site
Date Mon, 28 Dec 2009 14:11:44 GMT
Well this link crashes Nutch (redirection problem I would guess but have not
proved it).. I really just need to get my hands on the HTML and I will feed
it into my parsing and indexing systems. For this I just need a crawling
mechanism that will give me the HTML for these types of links. Nutch is,
wonderful but for this overkill and is unable t crawl these links, so I am
looking at Droid as a solution.

I am not archiving anything, I am directly using the html in my java
application. Can Droid crawl this site and return me the correct html. Could
someone try it for me on their droid installation and let me know?

Thanks guys..

http://electricservices.smrated.com/servlet/splocal?m=verizonem&xmid=5060691
&xmcid=-12026&entry_point_id=3079198>

On 07/12/2009, at 16:38, Lukas, Ray wrote:

> I was having a problem with Nutch and would like to see if Droids can

> help. Could someone just try crawling this web page and tell me if this

> works on Droids. I need to be able to crawl these web pages and can not

> seem to do so with Nutch. Would you plug this into your installation and

> see if Droids can successfully crawl this.

What is your problem with Nutch with this site? What are you trying to
archive?

salu2