From Richard Frovarp <Richard.Frov...@ndsu.edu>
Subject Re: Droids community day
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2010 16:53:40 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On 07/04/2010, at 15:37, Chapuis Bertil wrote:
>

>> Hello all,
>>
>> Is there still interest for a community day? Personally, I am using droids in two
projects to acquire data over the web so I 'd love to see the framework evolving.

>> I tried to implement [1] some of the changes proposed on Jira and made some refactoring.
It's still buggy but I hope some of these changes may be returned to the community.

>> The major changes are the following:
>> 	- Droids 56: java.util.Queue is used instead of TaskQueue.
>> 	- Replaced all the factories with a single WorkerFactory. It helps solving the concurrency
problems.
>> 	- Handler implementation that uses cocoon.
>> 	- A JMS implementation of the queue (early prototype :-)
>>
>> As I told before some of the changes have been made as experiments as well as the
API modifications. I'm still using the last droids release for my projects and I just hope
this may help thinking about the future.

> Perfect. That looks really nice. :)
>
> Let do us the day this month.
>
> Javier and I working in the same office now and we can dedicate some working time for
the day as well. Our company will sponsor the event with our time. :)

> Quick poll how is the 30.04.2010?
>
> salu2

The 30th is rapidly approaching. I'm mostly available still, just need
to know what time to hop on IRC (and where).

Richard