From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Local copies of droids
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2011 09:32:40 GMT
On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 09:50 +0100, Chapuis Bertil wrote:
> In previous emails and jira comments I saw several people mentionning the
> fact they have a local copy of droids which evolved too much to be merged
> back with the trunk. This is my case, and I think Paul Rogalinski is in the
> same situation.
>
> Since the patches have only been applied periodically on the trunk during
> the last months, I'd love to know if someone else is in the same situation
> and what can of changes they made locally.

I am not sure but I see it like you describe.

IMO we should release what we have right now and then plan how to merge
back all this different versions into a new droids version.

IMO the next droids version should focus on ease of reuse and a droid
server which starts and monitors the different droids.

To start with:
* who has a version of droids which (s)he is interested to merge back
* what are the main difference between the forge and the "original"
* ...

salu2
codeBusters S.L. - web based systems
<consulting, training and solutions>