From Richard Frovarp <rfrov...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Droids 0.1 release
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2011 21:13:42 GMT
On 02/25/2011 03:53 AM, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-02-25 at 09:13 +0100, Chapuis Bertil wrote:
>> About the documentation file what's the convention? Do we have to put the
>> apache license in their headers?
>
> ASAIR yes, in general all files need the header.

There are some exclusions. Certainly binary files are an exclusion.
Filling up CSS and HTML files with headers probably doesn't make sense.
Certainly code should have it, including Javascript. Text docs such as
readmes, todos, change log, commiter lists, etc don't typically have
headers.

Is there a reason those docs are in that area? If the docs are to be
published on a webpage, they should be moved to a different part of the
svn tree. I don't know that I see the benefit of publishing that content
as a maven artifact.