From Thorsten Scherler <scher...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Droids 0.1 release
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 14:14:58 GMT
On Tue, 2011-03-01 at 09:55 +0100, Chapuis Bertil wrote:
> I had a look at the different way available to automatically generate the
> team list and changes files. It seems it will be difficult to use them with
> our current documentation workflow. In consequence I hard coded the
> team-list.xml and the changes.xml files in the documentation folder.
>
> For the project team, I took all the committers and all the contributors who
> provided patches.

The problem with this as I see it is that this puts a too high value on
code contributions and too less on community contributions. For example
Otis who mainly contributed to the mailing list is not listed on the
team but personally I value his contribution equally as a patch.

To draw a line I think we should only list official committers as the
TEAM.

WDYT?

> For the changes, I used the report generated by jira for 0.0.1 and formated
> it in xdoc.
> Please check if modifications or additions are required.

That is fine, I see the initial changes more as pin pointing the main
feature of droids but yours is good.

> I think the aim for 0.0.1 is to release as soon as possible. It seems
> several people are motivated to work on 0.0.2.

Yeah, I just tried the deploy again (had to fix an issue with the
version of the buildnumber-maven-plugin) but as well get a 401. Will
review my config again.

salu2

> On 25 February 2011 19:12, Eugen Paraschiv <hanriseldon@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > About the changes.xml file - is there anything to add here, seeing how
> > there
> > is no previous release?
> > Should the release use the apache-release maven profile (-Papache-release)?
> > Is there anything I can help with?
> > Eugen.
> >
> > On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 12:29 PM, Thorsten Scherler <scherler@gmail.com
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > Ok, will try that this afternoon, need to attend some meetings now.
> > >
> > > salu2

> > get
> > > the

> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/droids/droids/0.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT/droids-0.1-incubating-20110225.093122-54.pom