From Chapuis Bertil <bchap...@agimem.com>
Subject Re: Droids 0.1 release
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2011 21:41:21 GMT
Hello,

What's the current status for the release? Should we start working on 0.0.2
without this step? The problem I see is that by applying the small patches
on 0.0.1 we break all the bigger patches provided for 0.0.2. The one I tried
to apply are already applied partially. So the more we wait to apply them
the more work we will have.

Thanks for your answer,

Bertil

On 1 March 2011 18:31, Chapuis Bertil <bchapuis@agimem.com> wrote:

> On 1 March 2011 15:14, Thorsten Scherler <scherler@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 2011-03-01 at 09:55 +0100, Chapuis Bertil wrote:
>> > I had a look at the different way available to automatically generate
>> the
>> > team list and changes files. It seems it will be difficult to use them
>> with
>> > our current documentation workflow. In consequence I hard coded the
>> > team-list.xml and the changes.xml files in the documentation folder.
>> >
>> > For the project team, I took all the committers and all the contributors
>> who
>> > provided patches.
>>
>> The problem with this as I see it is that this puts a too high value on
>> code contributions and too less on community contributions. For example
>> Otis who mainly contributed to the mailing list is not listed on the
>> team but personally I value his contribution equally as a patch.
>>
>> To draw a line I think we should only list official committers as the
>> TEAM.
>>
>> WDYT?
>>

> That's ok for me. I did it without really knowing what the practices are in
> this area.
>

>> > For the changes, I used the report generated by jira for 0.0.1 and
>> formated
>> > it in xdoc.
>> > Please check if modifications or additions are required.
>>
>> That is fine, I see the initial changes more as pin pointing the main
>> feature of droids but yours is good.
>>

>> > I think the aim for 0.0.1 is to release as soon as possible. It seems
>> > several people are motivated to work on 0.0.2.
>>
>> Yeah, I just tried the deploy again (had to fix an issue with the
>> version of the buildnumber-maven-plugin) but as well get a 401. Will
>> review my config again.
>>

> I just read one of the article [1] pointed by someone in the general
> mailing list. The idea is to create a long lived stable branch and to keep
> the trunk really dynamic. It may be a really good practice for us, what do
> you think?
>
> [1] -
> http://lsimons.wordpress.com/2010/02/19/using-long-lived-stable-branches/
>

>> salu2