From Chapuis Bertil <bchap...@agimem.com>
Subject Re: Droids 0.1 release
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 17:31:10 GMT
On 1 March 2011 15:14, Thorsten Scherler <scherler@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2011-03-01 at 09:55 +0100, Chapuis Bertil wrote:
> > I had a look at the different way available to automatically generate the
> > team list and changes files. It seems it will be difficult to use them
> with
> > our current documentation workflow. In consequence I hard coded the
> > team-list.xml and the changes.xml files in the documentation folder.
> >
> > For the project team, I took all the committers and all the contributors
> who
> > provided patches.
>
> The problem with this as I see it is that this puts a too high value on
> code contributions and too less on community contributions. For example
> Otis who mainly contributed to the mailing list is not listed on the
> team but personally I value his contribution equally as a patch.
>
> To draw a line I think we should only list official committers as the
> TEAM.
>
> WDYT?

That's ok for me. I did it without really knowing what the practices are in
this area.

> > For the changes, I used the report generated by jira for 0.0.1 and
> formated
> > it in xdoc.
> > Please check if modifications or additions are required.
>
> That is fine, I see the initial changes more as pin pointing the main
> feature of droids but yours is good.
>

> > I think the aim for 0.0.1 is to release as soon as possible. It seems
> > several people are motivated to work on 0.0.2.
>
> Yeah, I just tried the deploy again (had to fix an issue with the
> version of the buildnumber-maven-plugin) but as well get a 401. Will
> review my config again.

I just read one of the article [1] pointed by someone in the general mailing
list. The idea is to create a long lived stable branch and to keep the trunk
really dynamic. It may be a really good practice for us, what do you think?

[1] -
http://lsimons.wordpress.com/2010/02/19/using-long-lived-stable-branches/

> salu2
>

> > On 25 February 2011 19:12, Eugen Paraschiv <hanriseldon@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > About the changes.xml file - is there anything to add here, seeing how
> > > there
> > > is no previous release?
> > > Should the release use the apache-release maven profile
> (-Papache-release)?
> > > Is there anything I can help with?
> > > Eugen.
> > >
> > > On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 12:29 PM, Thorsten Scherler <
> scherler@gmail.com

> > > get

> to:
> > > > > > >

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/droids/droids/0.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT/droids-0.1-incubating-20110225.093122-54.pom