From Eugen Paraschiv <hanrisel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving some minor issues from 0.0.2 to 0.0.1 to get them committed before the release?
Date Sat, 05 Mar 2011 21:38:24 GMT
I have worked on a production project involving heavy branching in the past,
and I can tell you the effort, especially dealing with SVN is significant -
it does introduce a lot of complexity. So, to come back to my original
questions - first, is there any news on the release process? Is there a need
for work in a specific area?
And second, assuming the release not going to be done in the next few days,
and that the idea of the stable branch is most likely on hold, would a good
solution be to move the issues with patches back to 0.0.1 in order to get
them accepted and committed quickly? The purpose of this is to not be
blocked by the release process, and also to get as much work as possible
into 0.0.1. Most of the issues are not logically tied to 0.0.2 in any way,
so they can easily be committed in 0.0.1.