From Richard Frovarp <rfrov...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Droids 0.1.0-incubating Release Candidate 4
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2011 17:40:27 GMT
On 09/29/2011 04:23 PM, Richard Frovarp wrote:
> A 0.1.0-incubating release candidate has been created, with the
> following artifacts up for a vote:
>
> SVN source tag (r1172386):
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/droids/tags/0.1.0-incubating/
>
> Maven staging repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedroids-075/
>

> Source release:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedroids-075/org/apache/droids/droids/0.1.0-incubating/
>

> PGP release keys (signed using 3698A2B1):
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/droids/KEYS
>

> Vote will be open for 7 days.
>
> [ ] +1 approve
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

We finally received the final required +1 vote from someone on the IPMC
today. Thank you to Christian for the help.

So, we now have an official release. The final remaining steps are to:

1) Release the files into the official release locations (web and Maven
repo)
2) Wait 24 hours to update the website to point to those files
3) Announce the release the to Incubator list and on our website.

As an incubating project, we aren't supposed to do large PR for this. I
won't be sending this out to the general announce list because of this.
If any of you want to blog, tweet or whatever about it once it is
available, feel free to.

I have other stuff I need to get done at work yet today, so I can't
finish the release just now. Looking at it I should have enough
privileges to do the remaining work. So, I'll be pushing the files into
the dist directory and releasing the artifacts in the ASF repo tonight
from home. It takes at least 24 hours for the ASF mirrors to replicate
the release. We don't want to update our website to download the release
until the majority of the mirrors have had a chance to replicate, so
Wednesday night is probably best. I do not know how long it takes to go
from the ASF repo to Maven Central.