incubator-droids-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Tobias Rübner <>
Subject cleanup branch - added crawler module
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2013 10:13:18 GMT

I updated the cleanup branch with a rewritten crawler module.
Basically I removed all the protocol stuff and added a simple HttpClient
Fetcher for retrieving web pages.

Since HttpClient 4.2 there is a new SystemDefaultHttpClient which uses a
and this is be lot faster than the old DroidsHttpConnectionManager.

I compared the configuration between the DroidsHttpClient and the
SystemDefaultHttpClient and they did not show notable differences.
So I removed the classes from the org.apache.droids.protocol.http package.

So please check out, test and discuss the cleanup branch

Next steps:
- updating the tika module
- adding more javadocs
- adding more test cases


  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message