From Richard Frovarp <rfrov...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Droids Podling Issue
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2015 15:05:03 GMT
On 08/09/2015 08:16 PM, Marvin Humphrey wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 9, 2015 at 5:54 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <roman@shaposhnik.org> wrote:
>> FWIW: Droids has always been right there after NPanday for me
>> to be concerned about. This is not the isolated instance you're
>> seeing.
> The Incubator is basically holding Droids open out of deference to
> Thorsten and Richard, both of whom are Apache Members and IPMC
> members.
>
> Droids has not been active for a long time, and would require
> considerable work building a community before it could graduate as a
> TLP.  Some small podlings have graduated in the past (no fewer than 5
> PMC members) and it has worked out OK.  Having two people as
> experienced as Richard and Thorsten on Board in a group of 5 would
> make it a decent bet, were the podling active. But almost nothing has
> been going on with Droids for years.
>
> The matter will probably resolve once Richard tires of making
> quarterly reports and challenging calls to retire the podling whenever
> a report is late.
>
> Marvin Humphrey

Thanks Marvin. I'm probably at that point. I'd be happy to work on it,
and help out the community. However, I don't have the energy to push and
build a community, which is what is needed. I was waiting to see if
Thorsten had something to say. I know he was out of the office when the
last report was due.