incubator-hise-dev mailing list archives

From Rafal Rusin <rafal.ru...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HISE Spring refactoring
Date Sun, 02 May 2010 12:11:54 GMT
Hello,

On 29 April 2010 20:22, Aaron Anderson <aaronanderson@acm.org> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>

> Sorry if this is a repost. I have started making changes to the HISE service module in
my github fork to remove references to the Spring implementation classes.  One change I would
like to make is to move the transactional code into a new service implementation and then
make transactional declarations on it in the Spring configuration. Are there any concerns
or comments on a move to declarative transactions?

Well, on one hand this is good (I wanted to do it this way before),
but on the other, I had for example problem configuring both
@WebServiceContext and @Transactional (only one of them worked). So it
looks like using too much annotations just doesn't work.
The other problem is that such declarations spoil runtime somewhat,
because are implemented using reflection, which is slower. I know some
people like such things like annotations & AOP scoped proxies, but I
prefer to write some additional code and have some control over what's
going on (and cleaner stacktraces in logs). But this is just my
opinion. So as long as it works, I'm open to accept it.

> Thanks,
>
> Aaron
>

> ________________________________
Would this be a contribution of interest for the project? The reason I am proposing this is
that I would like to embed HISE in an SCA framework and the SCA specification supports JSR
250. Perhaps if I get it working I could contribute a standard SCA composite maven module
in addition to the war and OSGI bundle.

> You can try to do this. Please open Jira issue and clone
> http://github.com/rafalrusin/hise repo (master branch). When you have
> something working, provide info what we need to do in order to test
> it.
> As soon as it works, we'll apply your patch.
> I suggest using git here, because it's a bigger work and git is good
> for doing frequent merges with trunk.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Rafał Rusin