incubator-kato-spec mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Stuart Monteith <>
Subject Re: JSR status
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2010 10:43:55 GMT
     I've cross posted to the kato-dev mailing list too, as all of this 
the Apache Incubator project aspects too. Once Oracle engages in the project
we will have to re-evaluate this project as a matter of course.

While the Apache Kato podling and JSR-326 aren't the same thing, I 
believe that
without JSR-326, the remit for the podling would be gone and so it 
should then
be shut down and archived.

I agree that we should wait until after JavaOne before making any decision.

JavaOne is from September 19th to the 23rd this year.


Steve Poole wrote:
> Hi All -  well some more news -  Konstantin  is moving on inside Intel and
> will no longer be their rep on this JSR.   My understanding is that he will
> not be replaced.    Konst, we'll miss you :-)
> This is not great news for JSR 326 and coupled with Patriks "wait and see"
> note we need to determine how best to proceed.    Do we wait - and if so for
> how long?   or do we decide this is a lost cause and stop now?
> Personally - given the time we've waited so far I'm willing to wait until
> after JavaOne to see what happens.
> Let me know your thoughts  -  I'm taking a couple of weeks off now so its
> unlikely I'll respond until I get back  though.

Stuart Monteith

View raw message