From "serguei.spitsyn@oracle.com" <serguei.spit...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Oracle JSR 326 representative
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2011 21:57:19 GMT
Steve,

Thank you for introducing me!

Hi the JSR experts,

I'm excited to join the group and have a chance to work with you, guys.
The "Post-mortem analysis" topic looks pretty interesting to me.
This work may enable some features the Java platform has long been missing.

I've been working in the serviceability area on debugging and profiling
for a while.
I was a member of the Serviceability team at Sun Microsystems for 5 years.
My main project was JVMTI but I also covered some other parts in JDK and
Hotspot VM,
for instance, the java support for Solaris Pstack utility and DTrace
framework.
This work enabled mixed java+native stack traces for Pstack and DTrace.

I also had a chance to develop a sample-based CPU profiler for Android
when worked at Samsung in the last couple of years.

As Steve already said, the business priorities for Oracle participation
is not set yet.
But it is going to be defined pretty soon, in a couple of weeks, I hope.

Best regards,
Serguei