From Eric Kolotyluk <eric.koloty...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: C# Documentation
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2014 15:37:27 GMT

On 4/16/2014 4:07 AM, Brett Porter wrote:
> On 4 Apr 2014, at 4:29 am, Eric Kolotyluk <eric.kolotyluk@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Primarily I was looking for a way to add them as a site report.
>>
>> I have figured out how to add them to my site via SandCastle, but not as part of
the normal reporting process.

>> <build>
>>     <plugins>
>> <plugin>
>> <artifactId>maven-antrun-plugin</artifactId>
>> <version>1.7</version>
>> <executions>
>> <execution>
>> <phase>site</phase>
>> <configuration>
>> <target name="help">
>> <exec executable="cmd">
>> <arg value="/c" />
>> <arg value="%SystemRoot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe" />
>> <arg value="elevate.shfbproj" />
>> </exec>
>> </target>
>> </configuration>
>> <goals>
>> <goal>run</goal>
>> </goals>
>> </execution>
>> </executions>
>> </plugin>
>>     <plugins>
>>   </build>
>>
>> It would be nice to minimize the differences between NPanday, .NET and normal Maven
methods. The above is rather much a hack, while the below is more elegant and consistent with
Maven best practices.

>>   <reporting>
>>     <plugins>
>>       <plugin>
>>         <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>>         <artifactId>maven-javadoc-plugin</artifactId>
>>         <version>2.9.1</version>
>>       </plugin>
>>     </plugins>
>>   </reporting>
>>
> There hasn't been a lot of work done on reporting-type plugins here, but there's certainly
an opportunity to build a reporting plugin that executes SandCastle (using the existing executable
wrappers) in much the way you have done with antrun. Note, there is already an msbuild plugin
that could run the above in a slightly easier manner.

>> Any idea when NPanday 1.5 will be released?
>>
>> Did you want any help with documentation?
> Absolutely - what would you find the easiest way to contribute to that?

Is NPanday on GitHub? If so, I could create some pull requests.