From "Martin Cooper" <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: importing photark into eclipse
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2008 15:59:31 GMT
On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 8:30 AM, Angela Cymbalak <a.cymbalak@nechtan.org>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've run into a problem between Eclipse and Maven, I suspect.  I have
> followed Luciano's directions a few times in order to get the project
> downloaded.
>
> Maven fetches everything appropriately and the build appears to be
> successful.  I have what look to be correct .project and .classpath files.
>  My problem is on the import.  When I do a straight import of the project
> (File > Import > Existing Projects Into Workspace) the project is imported
> but not as a Java project as it should be.  Because it isn't imported as a
> Java project I lose the ability to run the application as needed.
>
> After several days of googling and reading I haven't been able to find a
> way to force Eclipse to recognize that this *is* a java project.  I am using
> Eclipse 3.3 on Vista (ick) for my development.  Can anyone point me in the
> correct direction?

You got further than I did. ;-) I'm not an Eclipse user, and wasn't planning
on becoming one any time soon. I followed the instructions to the point of
generating the Eclipse files, thinking that I could then take the classpath
from that and run the app without Eclipse. However, my jaw dropped when I
discovered that the classpath has over 100 jar files in it, and at that
point I gave up. (Yes, I know that's wimpy, but I didn't have a lot of time,
at that point, to spend on setting up a 100+ entry classpath to try running
it some other way.)

How would an app like this normally get run, e.g. post-development? I'm not
used to massive classpaths (outside an app server, at least).

--
Martin Cooper