From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: gsoc 2010
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2010 18:51:48 GMT
On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 10:43 AM, Suhothayan Sriskandarajah
<suhothayan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I’m very much interested in taking part in PhotArk for the upcoming
> Google summer of code and I’m also expecting to continue my
> contributions even after the gsoc.
>
> I too noted two project ideas listed on JIRA
> *Provide support for subscribing to Flickr albuns
> *Provide support for subscribing to Google Picasa albuns
>
> I’m very much interested in taking part in PhotArk for the upcoming
> Google summer of code in any of these or even if there are any new
> ones.
> I’m also expecting to continue my contributions even after the gsoc.
>
> I’m a 3rd year undergraduate in the University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka
> and presently working as an intern in WSO2 which is a 100% open source
> organization.
> I’m a java programmer and I too have enough time and willingness to
> learn new languages.
>
> It would be grateful if anyone of you can help me with getting started
> with gsoc by providing more information about the projects and your
> expectations.
>
> Regards,
> Suho

Good timing, as we have just started discussing this...see the thread below:

http://www.mail-archive.com/photark-dev@incubator.apache.org/msg00356.html

Note that, while we are providing project ideas, we also encourage
students to get familiar with the project and provide their own ideas

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende