From Suhothayan Sriskandarajah <suhotha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: gsoc 2010
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 04:36:27 GMT
On 24 February 2010 00:21, Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 10:43 AM, Suhothayan Sriskandarajah
> <suhothayan@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I’m very much interested in taking part in PhotArk for the upcoming
>> Google summer of code and I’m also expecting to continue my
>> contributions even after the gsoc.
>>
>> I too noted two project ideas listed on JIRA
>> *Provide support for subscribing to Flickr albuns
>> *Provide support for subscribing to Google Picasa albuns
>>
>> I’m very much interested in taking part in PhotArk for the upcoming
>> Google summer of code in any of these or even if there are any new
>> ones.
>> I’m also expecting to continue my contributions even after the gsoc.
>>
>> I’m a 3rd year undergraduate in the University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka
>> and presently working as an intern in WSO2 which is a 100% open source
>> organization.
>> I’m a java programmer and I too have enough time and willingness to
>> learn new languages.
>>
>> It would be grateful if anyone of you can help me with getting started
>> with gsoc by providing more information about the projects and your
>> expectations.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Suho
>>

> Good timing, as we have just started discussing this...see the thread below:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/photark-dev@incubator.apache.org/msg00356.html
>
> Note that, while we are providing project ideas, we also encourage
> students to get familiar with the project and provide their own ideas
>
> --
> Luciano Resende
> http://people.apache.org/~lresende
> http://twitter.com/lresende1975
> http://lresende.blogspot.com/

hi Luciano Resende,

thanks  for the immediate reply.
there was a project on openID implementation on PhotArk. I went
through the wiki page too.
i'm quite interested in taking that project if that is in for this years gsoc.
please provide me with more information on where I need to start and
what need to be done first.
now I'm trying get familiar with the product and looking forward to
build to too.

regards,
suho