From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Browser Support
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2010 18:46:11 GMT
On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 11:32 AM, Suhothayan Sriskandarajah
<suhothayan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 28 April 2010 12:30, Avdhesh Yadav <avd@avdheshyadav.com> wrote:
>>
>> Updated to Dojo 1.4.2
>>
> thanks Avidash,
>
> I'm now integrating HtmlUnit with PhotArk.
> but when I'm doing so I encountered this problem..
>
> For the HtmlUnit test to pass we should first start the server before
> testing.
> Otherwise the test case fails saying that it couldn't connect to the server.
>
> the problem is, when automating HtmlUnit testing we cant always start the
> server
> and if we don't start the server the build will be failing.
>
> here we cannot use
>
> maven.skip.test=true
>
> or smiler alternatives because they will skip all the tests.
>
> Therefore I'm suggesting the to rename these htmlunit test cases as
> XXXXTestBrwser
> by renaming these the maven-surefire-plugin wont test these test cases.
> this is because we have defined test as
> <include>**/*TestCase.java</include>
>
> and it we want to test these HtmlUnit test cases
> we can start the server and run
>
> mvn -Dtest=*TestBrwser test
>
> which will only run the test cases wish ends with TestBrwser.java
>
> Please give your suggesting and let me know whether I'm implementing this in
> the correct way ?
>
> Regards
> Suho

This seems like chicken/egg thing, but mainly because the test is
being added together with the UI module. Here are some possible ideas
to overcome this issue :

 - Move tests to a integration test folder
   (e.g /iTest/photark)

 - Use some maven plugin that would handle the integration with the
application server (and manage the lifecycle for example) and run the
tests afterwards (e.g cargo plugin [1])

I hope this can give you some ideas on how to solve the problem, but i
understand it does not have all the details...

[1] http://cargo.codehaus.org/Maven2+plugin
[2] http://cargo.codehaus.org/Tomcat+6.x

--
Luciano Resende