From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The proposal on Integrating OpenID with PhotArk
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2010 07:01:45 GMT
On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 6:56 PM, Suhothayan Sriskandarajah
<suhothayan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 31 March 2010 23:05, Suhothayan Sriskandarajah <suhothayan@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> hi,
>>
>> I have written and submitted my proposal on "Integrating OpenID with
>> PhotArk" to google today.
>> After working for about three weeks with photark i have now gained a lot of
>> knowledge regarding the product, it's codebase and also about the community.
>> With all these i too have the confidence that I'm competent enough to finish
>> this project as expected, by the community.
>>
>> After several discussions with the mentor and with the guidance of the
>> community, i have written this project proposal.
>> i hope this is including all the expected features.
>>
>> I believe the mentors are having access to view them from the google summer
>> of code web site.
>>
>> please do review my project and give your valuable comments,
>>
>> if you have any other suggestions or if you found anything to be changed in
>> my project or proposal, please be kind enough to inform me.This will be very
>> much helpful to me in producing a proper product proposal.
>>
>> hi,
>
> I have sumbmited the proposal to google, and I have also done some
> improvements according to Avdheshs advice.
> Since the dead line for the propoasl is on 8th April 2010. I have the
> permision to edit the proposal till that date(8th April 2010)
> Therefore I kindly request all mentors and commuters to please review my
> proposal and give me you valuable feedbacks.
>
> the project url on the google site,
> http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/student_proposal/private/google/gsoc2010/suhothayan/t127001357535
>
> Itoo have published privately on
> http://docs.google.com/View?id=dfnmvjj8_10f6s87zdz
>
> thank you
>
> regards
> suho
>

> thanks in advance
>>
>> With regards,
>> Suho

The proposal looks really good... one thing to have in mind is to see
if it's possible to try to have this implemented using SCA Policy,
where you would use declarative approach to describe that the "image
service" for example "requires = authentication/authorization" and
then configure it in a policy set... The only issue with this
approach, is that it does the configuration part before deployment,
and this might not be 100% good fit for our purposes....

An example of an application using policy to restrict user access for
certain operations on a service is available at :

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/sandbox/lresende/sca-1.x/samples/store-secure-webapp/

Important files are store.composite and definitions.xml :

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/sandbox/lresende/sca-1.x/samples/store-secure-webapp/src/main/resources/

Well, just food for thought for now :)

--
Luciano Resende