From Subash Chaturanga <subash...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Display remote albums in gallery
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2010 07:40:47 GMT
On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 10:08 AM, Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 12:53 PM, Subash Chaturanga <subashsdm@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > After adding remote albums in JCR repository, seems like it is not pretty
> > straight forward to display them in gallery.
> > The way initializeGallery() is implemented basically is to show images
>  from
> > the local storage. But in this case we are accessing them remotely. In my
> > previous patch, when i subscribe to remote albums they can be viewed at
> > gallery and the admin page (but only image and album NAMES)  . Do we need
> > implement an overloaded method for initializeGallery().
> >

> The initializeGallery is executed only once, and it handles
> initializing the sample albums from the fileSystem to the JCR
> repository.
>
> > Most likely we have to distinguish local and remote albums at the gallery
> > init.(As we are following the same node structure as with local albums)
> >
> > Any suggestions please ?
> >

> I don't think the issue is really during init, but during read. We are
> storing the remote albums all together with the other albums in the
> same level at the repository, this causes the JCRGalleryImpl to find
> the albums and then try to find a list of "images" for these albums
> which in the case of remote albums is not available. If we tide up
> that part, things should be more straightforward, and I guess we can
> either modify the regular JCRGalleryImpl to handle both (delegating to
> the RemoteAlbumPhotStream, or partition the JCR to better
> differentiate these different type of albums.

"Partitioning the JCR to better differentiate these albums " , as I feel
without directly storing them in the root level we can have two nodes called
local and remote. And inside remote we can have picasa and flicker and then
put albums in the typical way.But this would cause to change considerable
amount of code which already acting  based on the root level albums. So what
I was trying to do is store them in the root level as now and view them in
gallery any how. Wonder what is the best way, either to keep this as it is
or modify the JCR album structure.

> > Thank you
> > /subash
> >

> --