From Suhothayan Sriskandarajah <suhotha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pass HttpServletRequest parameter to JCRImageUploadServiceImpl.addPictureToAlbum() from a JS
Date Sat, 16 Oct 2010 06:30:49 GMT
On 15 October 2010 23:46, Subash Chaturanga <subashsdm@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Luciano,
>
> What i want to do is , when some one hit the subscribe button providing
> album name, feed url, and album description I want to add create a new
> album
> in the repository and add those images to that album.

I have a doubt where you are going to save the new album in the repository.
When we create an album node at the root in JCR then this remote album is
going to contain a different sets of meta data form the others. therefore we
also need to handle this differences every time when we fetch the albums.
If we can have a hierarchical structure
/albums/local/<normal albums>  and
/albums/remote/picasa/<picasa albums>
then it will be easy for the Photark to handle specific albums accordingly

> So for that I have to
>
> 1. JCRGalleryImpl.addAlbum() to create a new album
> 2. JCRImageUploadServiceImpl.addPictureToAlbum() to store Image instances .
>
> I have to do these things in a method which inside a service component
> called PicasaSubscription / FlickerSubscription which is invoked from
> upload.js. This is what I am going to achieve. So the HttpServletRequest is
> needed for addPictureToAlbum() method.
>
> So how can I achieve this? Any suggestions please?

I think at the time of submitting, we have to store the album meta data in
the JCR, and when loading the gallery just fetching these albums remotely,
populate them to a new photark album, and sending that to the gallery will
do

Let me know if I have gone wrong somewhere

Suho