From Subash Chaturanga <subash...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proper dependency management regarding remote album subscriptions in trunk.
Date Sat, 05 Feb 2011 04:29:58 GMT
On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 10:28 AM, Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 7:04 PM, Subash Chaturanga <subashsdm@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> You should think separation of concerns here. The specific modules
> >> that deal with remote albums (subscriptions) should know how to handle
> >> the specifics of the album providers (e.g picasa, flickr, etc). Then
> >> we can have a subscription manager in the JCR repository that, once
> >> you create a new subscription will use that provider specific
> >> component to read the remote album and store locally, and not the
> >> other way around, where the provider would store data in the JCR.
> >

> > +1 , will do.
> >
> > Because currently I have two provider specific service components which
> do
> > both read and store albums in JCR, by themselves and UI talks to them
> > separately. So adding a subscription manager and UI will only call to
> that
> > manager and he will read the albums from a provider and store them. I
> hope I
> > got your idea correctly.
> >

> Looks like we are in the same page. BTW, I'm trying to get the same
> services in place in the REST branch, hopefully I can get that in the
> next day or so and it might be of some help.

Hi Luciano,
I have changed my patch as you said by giving the responsibility to a
subscription manager which helped me to make the front end less complex and
seems like its fine. And I had some other minor issues after that and now I
have  resolved them. When you are free, can you please try the latest
patch[1], and see whether this is, as you expected . Then I can do further
changes, with your feedback.

[1] -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12470269/uiSubscriptionWithNewStructureCompleted_upd2.patch

> --