From Subash Chaturanga <subash...@gmail.com>
Subject Expected scope of "Adding Face Recognition to Photark" in GSoC 2011
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2011 15:16:45 GMT
Hi Luciano,

According to the thoughts I have shared before on the dev list regarding
this topic under the subject "How face recognition can be used to make
Photark gallery rich in details as well as in functionality", here's the
scope I would think.

1. Implement a Photark face recognition service module as a separate
package.

2. Implement the FaceRecognitionService class (in this case it recognizes
facebook friends for a given user) where it has the capability to train
given set of user IDs from face book  and recognize them in a given domain.

3.1 Provide back end support to add an option in gallery for each album, to
view how many and the names of face book friends inside a given album(which
will be a pretty handy and kind of new feature for Photark).

3.2 Provide UI support for 3.1

What are your suggestions (to add more option in the scope or change any
existing one) ? *such as* extending recognition to private name spaces or
Twitter or go with Twitter instead of Facebook.

So I would like to know whether this is the expected scope or whether it may
not attainable in the GSoC period or it is less than the expected scope from
this project idea ?

As I am already in the process of writing the proposal based on this, would
like to here your thoughts :-)

Thanks
--
Subash Chaturanga