From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Date Wed, 11 May 2011 05:33:29 GMT
GSoC Students,

Its the GSoC community bonding period right now where you get up to
speed with the project and make preparations for starting your
projects.

One thing that you could do right now is sign and submit the ASF
Contributors License Agreement, which is a legal form that defines the
terms under which intellectual property has been contributed to the
ASF, see http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas.

As for starting to work, I have some recommendations to you :

- All technical discussions should be done in the project dev list.
This gives the whole community visibility to the project, and also
encourage their participation.
- Patches should be sent frequently, even if they are not completely
done... frequent smaller patches are easier to review and allow a
quicker turnaround on getting submitted to svn.  I'd recommend once or
twice a week at least.
- It would be good to have a wiki page updated weekly with project progress.

Well, this should be it for now, if others have more recommendations,
please feel free to add to the thread :)

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende