From Umashanthi Pavalanathan <umashant...@gmail.com>
Subject Social API for PhotArk
Date Tue, 17 May 2011 06:15:39 GMT
Hi devs,

As part of the GSoC project on 'Adding Social Features to PhotArk' [0],
currently I am working on building a social API for PhotArk.
The purpose of this is to enable support for social features in the PhotArk
back-end and to enable persisting social data. As discussed in an earlier
thread [1], I am planning to build the API based on the Open Social data
specification 1.0 [2]. It has two parts: Primary Social Data[3] and
Additional Social Data[4]. Supporting the primary data is essential. I would
like to know the thoughts of you about supporting the additional social
data, considering its usage in PhortArk.
In my opinion, it will be fine to use String data type for fields like
Address, Organization, Name (firstname & lastname) etc. Your valuable
thoughts are much appreciated.

[0]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/PHOTARKxWIKI/Adding+Social+Features+to+PhotArk
[1]