From Umashanthi Pavalanathan <umashant...@gmail.com>
Subject Social Features in PhotArk UI
Date Sat, 25 Jun 2011 19:27:35 GMT
Hi devs,

I have completed the second milestone of my GSoC project and now starting
with the next task - "adding social features to PhotArk UI".

For building the social capability in PhotArk, basically there should be the
following UI functionalities:
(1) User Profile - add/edit
(2) Requesting friends, accept friend requests etc
(3) Viewing list of friends
(4) Listing user & friend activities

Beyond this, there should be social features like 'likes',
'tags','comments','rating' etc in the photo album UI.

I am working on the REST branch and there is no much UI support yet. I would
like to know your thoughts about where (in which package) these basic UI
functionalities should be added, which technology to be used for UI etc.
 Once a reasonable decision is made regarding this, I will work on the
UI mock-ups for these and discuss further here.

Looking forward to hear your valuable thoughts...

Thanks,
~Umashanthi