From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Social API for PhotArk
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2011 00:58:32 GMT
On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 4:48 PM, Umashanthi Pavalanathan
<umashanthip@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi devs,
> I am in the process of adding persistence support to the social API using
> JCR.
> For that first we have to decide on the node structure. I have come up with
> two options (please refer attached image).
> In option-1, for each username, we have profile,activity,appdata,messages
> child nodes.
> In option-2, under nodes people,activity,appdata,messages, we have child
> node for each user.
> Referring to the two options, which is more suitable in your opinion?
>
> Thanks,
> ~Umashanthi

I think if we have a good understanding of the data access pattern, it
can help us decide which structure to use. For example, if we would
mostly show list of activities by user, and all other data by user,
I'd go with option 1.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende