From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with interacting among two SCA services.
Date Sun, 31 Jul 2011 19:32:49 GMT
On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 10:06 PM, Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 9:23 PM, Subash Chaturanga <subashsdm@gmail.com> wrote:
>> FYI,
>> When I change the return type to String it works fine. But currently I am
>> returning a face4j.Photo. Seems returning the type Photo from one service
>> method to its parent method in another service is the problem.
>> Any ideas?
>>

> What photo looks like ? Is it serialazible ?

Looking at [1], Photo seems to be a problematic pojo, it does not
properly provides getters and setters for all it's attributes, which
will cause issues for Tuscany/Jackson serialization/deserialization.

My recommendation would be to put face4j on the side for couple mins,
define a independent set of service operations and required
information for these operations, and then for the implementation use
face4j. This would give us a clean Face Recognition Service interface,
and make the implementation much more flexible, as it would allow us
to change the implementation in the future as face4j would be
encapsulated in the service implementation.

[1] https://github.com/mhendred/face4j/blob/master/face4j-core/src/main/java/com/github/mhendred/face4j/model/Photo.java

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende